For many years, the only option for filling a tooth is by using an amalgam material. Although metal is undeniably a durable material, it can make the teeth appear unsightly. The amalgam filling is like an indicator that points to the portion of a tooth that has not received adequate care. Thankfully, with the advancements in dentistry, there is now a better option that many people would find ideal.
Metal-free fillings at The Holistic Dental Center, or also known as composite resin fillings, is the answer. It is a filling material designed to resemble the color of the natural teeth. This type of treatment offers to be a better alternative to amalgam that was previously used. Moreover, patients now do not have to settle to dental crowns to have a natural-looking restoration.
What is a Metal-Free Filling?
It is a mixture of glass and tooth-colored plastic used to restore the portion of a tooth affected by decay. Composite resin does not merely serve as a restoration; it offers aesthetically pleasing results making it a great choice for patients who always want to look their best.
How are fillings placed?
After carefully removing any affected portion of the tooth, the composite resin material will be applied by layers. A special type of light may often be used to hasten the hardening of the fillings. The dentist would mold the material to resemble the surrounding natural structures properly for a better result. Once the ideal shape is achieved, the composite resin will be polished to prevent it from staining as well as its early wear.
What are the benefits of Metal-Free Fillings?
- The fillings are directly bonded on the teeth instead of being created in an off-site laboratory.
- With the help of a special light, the material used of the filling hardens in seconds!
- Not only does it restore the decayed portion of a tooth, but it can also repair chips or cracks and make the teeth appear brighter.
- Patients are less likely to experience tooth sensitivity compared to amalgam fillings.
- In case a composite filling is damaged, the dentist can easily replace it.
- It is possible for people with existing amalgam fillings to switch to metal-free option. The dentist can remove and replace the old filling with composite resin materials.
Restore and strengthen your teeth through Metal-Free Fillings in Spokane, WA. Call us at The Holistic Dental Center to book your appointment! We are located at 731 W. Indiana Avenue, Spokane WA 99205.