Dental amalgam is a mixture of metals, consisting of liquid (elemental) mercury and a powder alloy composed of silver, tin and copper.
The Holistic Dental Center will complete the physical removal of mercury restorations in your mouth and instruct this mercury detox regimen with the HealthyYou Detox Center located in the south wing of our building.
The following information has been provided by Healthy You.
Amalgam fillings, made of mercury and other junk metals, bathe your brain and digestive tract in mercury. Mercury is the 2nd most toxic element on earth, second to plutonium. There are two significant ways that the amalgam dental fillings can cause damage to the biological make-up of our human core.
- Mercury vapor emitted from amalgam dental fillings passes readily through your cell membranes.
- Mercury leaches into the saliva and travels down our digestive tract.
Because the onset of the immune system gets initiated by the gut; the byproduct of mercury is swallowed into the digestive tract and blocks the body's major detoxification pathways: passage out through the GI tract.
Below is our office Mercury Removal Protocol.
- Acute Rescue homeopathic administered prior to procedure.
- BiFlo Nasal Hood to provide patients with an alternative air source.
- Eye protection from debris and liquid splatter.
- Latex-Free dental dam to guard mucosa from direct contact with mercury.
- Copious amounts of water and high volume suction.
- DentAirVac, to remove and filter toxic air-born vapors and particles
- Room air purifier
Our mercury detox protocol involves therapies provided by the Healthy You Detox Center.
Listed below are the actions that have to take place to eliminate metal toxins from the body.
- Boost Your Glutathione Production
- Mobilize Mercury by Boosting Enzymes and Transport Proteins
- Capture & Eliminate Mercury with Intestinal Binders
- Quit smoking
- Garlic is especially powerful, but it's the oil of garlic that supports detoxification. Either eat the garlic raw being sure to fully chew the clove to release the oils or purchase a garlic oil supplement.
- You must limit or avoid sugar, alcohol and caffeine.
- Drink at least 3 liters of water per day, PH 7.4 or higher equals alkalinity.
- Utilize a proper exercise and resting program.
- Infrared saunas at 120° F for 20-30 minutes & immediate soapy scrub/rinse. Do not stay in sauna once you experience dizziness, disorientation, or fatigue. Recommending at least 6 treatments. Available at Healthy You!
- Eat a good balance of fresh whole foods, eliminating processed and modified foods.
- Eliminate all fish and seafood, including seafood products, especially tuna. One seafood meal per week can double the average mercury level in the blood.
- Do not eat pork products.
Dosages vary with the individual and should be determined by a qualified health care provider based on tests and symptomology. The following is a partial list of vitamins, herbs, minerals and glandular supports that are often used in mercury detoxification. Vitamins A, E, C, amino acids (Cysteine and methionine), folic acid, digestive enzymes, fatty acids, iodine, zinc, magnesium, manganese, potassium, chromium, sulfur, glutathione peroxidace, B complex, garlic, CoEnzyme Q 10, germanium, black currant seed oil, thyroid, pituitary, and a number of herbs.
*It is important to know that high volumes of vitamin C can interfere with the profound affects of local anesthetic in some patients. You may consider reducing your vitamin C one to two days prior to dental visits.
Chlorella- Excellent binding agent for heavy metal removal, generally available at health food stores. Dosage of chlorella is, from a bottle of 100 capsules, one per day for one week, then two per day for one week, then three per day for one week, etc., up to seven per day until gone. The digestive intake of the pill form usually takes enormous quantities for many years to see benefits however you can prepare Chlorella into a mouth rinse. This will bind to any mercury that is coating your oral epithelium, normally prior to removal of metal restorations and post operative removal of mercury.